Athletes belong to the Registered Testing Pool (RTP) and Elite Testing Pool (ETP) of ADOHK, or the RTP of an International Federation (IF) should aware of the regulation related to retirement.
1. You should formally notify the relevant organizations (i.e. IF / National Sports Associations / Hong Kong Sports Institute) if you have decided to retire from your sport.
2. Until you have been formally informed that your retirement has been acknowledged and you have been removed from the testing pool concerned, you should continue to submit whereabouts and be prepared to be tested.
3. If you change your mind later and decide to return to competition, you must satisfy the following requirements for returning to competition:
- Returning to International Event:
You must formally notify your IF and/or ADOHK in advance according to the IF’s related regulations before you expect to return to competition. Such notification and the whereabouts information concerned should be submitted at least 6 months in advance. You also have to make yourself available for no advance notice Out-of-Competition testing.
- Returning to National Event:
Although you are not required to submit your whereabouts information in advance, you have to agree to make yourself available for no advance notice Out-of-Competition testing.