Clean sport is the very essence of sport. It safeguards Athletes’ fundamental right to compete on a level playing field. Anti-Doping programs are founded on the intrinsic value of sport in order to maintain the integrity of sport such as protecting clean sport. This intrinsic value is often referred to as the “Spirit of Sport”. Doping is fundamentally contrary to the “Spirit of Sport”.
The “Spirit of Sport” includes values such as:
- Ethics, fair play and honesty
- Athletes’ rights icon-caret-square-o-down as set forth in the “World Anti-Doping Code”
- Excellence in performance
- Character and Education
- Fun and joy
- Dedication and commitment
- Respect for rules and laws
- Respect for self and other Participants
- Community and solidarity
icon-caret-square-o-down The “Athletes’ Anti-Doping Rights Act”, approved by the World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) Executive Committee upon the recommendation of the WADA Athlete Committee, ensures that athlete rights within anti-doping are clearly set out, accessible, and universally applicable.