The World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) has published the latest education tool entitled “Parents’ Guide to Support Clean Sport”.
Parents play a key role in young athletes’ sport career by shaping their personal ethics, which then guides their behaviors and their approach to sport throughout their career. Specifically designed for parents of athletes, this education tool equips parents with the right information about clean sport and anti-doping, so that they can assist with clean athlete development by preventing the use of substances and methods prohibited in sport.
The booklet covers basic facts and useful information on the following topics:
- Promoting good values
- Identifying a healthy sport culture
- Finding balance
- The risks of supplements
- Doping risk factors
- Periods when athletes are more vulnerable to doping
- Preventing the use of prohibited substances
- Protecting the clean athlete – the doping control process
- Recognizing possible signs and symptoms of drug use
- What to do if your child is doping
Download the Parents’ Guide to Support Clean Sport.