The World Anti-Doping Agency has published the 2014 Prohibited List on 26 September 2013. Major changes to the 2014 Prohibited List include:
- In additional to the chorionic gonadotrophin and luteinizing hormone, their releasing factors are prohibited in males.
- Releasing factors of corticotrophins and growth hormone are also prohibited.
- Vasopressin V2 antagonists (vaptans) were added as an example of a diuretic subclass.
- Some Stimulants (S6) have been reclassified from Non-specific Stimulants to Specific Stimulants. Examples include some drugs that metabolize to amphetamine or methamphetamine, MDMA and MDA.
- New examples of Stimulants (S6) have been added: cathinone and its analogues and trimetazidine.
The new list will become effective on 1 January 2014 and is available for download here
The mobile friendly version of the list will also be available on iPhone and other mobile devices as of 1 January 2014.